Tuesday, July 27, 2010

3D MACROMOLECULE







































Assalamualaikum

Alhamdulillah, we meet again right on my blog.
Topic today is about 3D macromolecules.Specifically, I wanna talk about ASPARTATE, one kind of amino acids.Right now, I,m still looking the additional information about ASPARTATE.
Let see what I have found here.

Author: Chan, D.I., Chu, B.C.H., Lau, C.K.Y., Hunter, H.N., Byers.

Molecule: Acyl carrier protein
Polymer: 1
Type: polypeptide(L)
Length: 80
Chains: A
Mutation: A75H

Acyl carrier protein of Escherichia coli is a small (77-aminoacid)
acidic protein that plays an essential role in several biosynthetic
pathways: fatty acid biosynthesis (reviewed in reference
39), phospholipid biosynthesis (reviewed in reference 3),
lipopolysaccharide biosynthesis (reviewed in reference 28),
and activation of prohemolysin (11). All of these functions
require the presence of the phosphopantetheine prosthetic
group on serine 36 of acyl carrier protein. The terminal thiol
on this prosthetic group is the site of assembly of the fatty
acids, and subsequently, specific acyl chains are transferred to
their respective designated substrate: glycerophosphatides,
lipid A, or prohemolysin.

WHOA!!! There's many thing I don't know about this macromolecules.I hope I can do a little research about ASPARTATE someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment